Why can't this moment last forever?

In your bed we lay, fast asleep in my arms. I can’t help but smile because my dreams of having of you near are finally here, dreams of being crazy in love with one another. Thoughts of the comfort I would have while lying with you, never being able to fathom the peace I would have will being beside you.

When in efforts to get comfortable, you roll over to face me, I move my leg you move your arm, now we lay entangled in a web of love. I begin to hold my breath waiting for you to exhale so that I can inhale to filling the void of space so there’s never a gap between us. We are closer to each other now than twins in the womb. Engrossed in your arms I feel a connection with your soul. I'm so elated that we didn't have to have sex for me to feel this connection to you.

I stare at your sleeping body, examining every inch of you, counting all the visual scars on your body just to know all the pain in you that I’ll have to heal on my journey to continually keep you happy. “Disney was right, Dreams really do come true,” I think to myself. Yet, I’m so afraid to close my eyes because I still believe it’s a dream. I pinch myself to make sure I’m awake. I kiss your forehead; you grin and move closer to me ensuring me your still here. I inhale deeply to have your scent embedded in my mind. I close my eyes and attempt drift away just to enjoy the moment.

I wake up to see the sunlight beaming on your loving face and a blissful smirk appears on my face. When suddenly, I hear the words of my Aunt Shirley being sung in head, “It’s Morning, and now it's time for us to say goodbye!” The realization that this feeling must come to an end has just set in and in hours, We would be our separate ways. The pain of knowing we can never truly be together and that no one could share in on our love because your afraid tears me apart inside. I close my eyes and begin to breath deeply, so I can inhale your sweet scent again.... Because once we both wake up, it'll be over again!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment